Covid restrictions to be relaxed over next two weeks14/01/2022
The First Minister announced today that, if conditions allow, the current Covid alert level 2 restrictions in Wales will be removed in a phased approach.
From tomorrow, the number of people who can be present at outdoor events will rise from 50 to 500.
From Friday. January 21, Wales will move to alert level 0 for all outdoor activities. This means there will be no limits on the number of people who can take part in outdoor activities.
- Crowds will be able to return to outdoor sporting events.
- Outdoor hospitality would be able to operate without additional reasonable measures.
- The Covid Pass will be required for entry to larger outdoor events.
If the downward trend continues, from Friday, January 28, Wales will move to alert level 0 for all indoor activities.
- Nightclubs will be able to re-open.
- Working from home will no longer be a legal requirement.
- Businesses, employers and other organisations must undertake a specific coronavirus risk assessment and take reasonable measures to minimise the spread of coronavirus.
- The Covid Pass will be required for entry to nightclubs, events, cinemas, concert halls and theatres.
- The rule of 6, table service and 2m physical distancing will no longer required in hospitality.
The self-isolation rules for all those who test positive for Covid and the face covering rules for most public indoor places will remain in force.